All Five!

All Five!
Jason, Kristy, Jackson, Brynlee and Baby Weston.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Exhausted!

I was just reading an email from a friend who is dealing with kids who are bored. Mind you, these children are 4 years old! Bored? I barely remember being bored. I can only wish to be bored again. I can't remember what it's like or if it will come again. Ever since we had the twins, and especially since we bought this "new" house, we have not even had a moment to consider boredom. If you could see our to-do list or our children, you would understand. I'm not claiming to be any busier than any other mom with 3 kids and a brand "new" house (that seems to be falling apart at the seams) but I do long to be bored again one day. I remember being a teenager and driving around Worthington, begging for something to do. Or, going to the movies just because there was nothing better to do. These days the movie theater is a true luxury, one in which I rarely indulge. I feel guilty enjoying a movie when there are so many more "important" things to do. If I have a rare moment free (like when my mom has the kids) there always seems to be somthing that should take precedence. Lately, it's been digging a french drain or water proofing our lower level. Always something to do. These tasks are only the beginning. Usually there are 3 children under foot. They need to be fed, milked (they are ALWAYS asking for milk...so we "milk" them) and of course they need attention. Today we spent 3 hours at a church carnival. Jason and I had a list full of things "to do" in our minds but we can't miss the church carnival. We have to say...the kids had a blast. Now they are exhausted...which is where I began. Exhausted! But as they say, we're in a season of life and one day we might look back and long to be this busy...I'll believe it when I see it.

No comments: