Saturday, July 12, 2008
Grass is always greener...
Why is it that someone else's life always looks cooler? My friend of 17 years just moved to the Big City...New York that is. She's been there for a week now. Currently she spends her time looking for a job (while telecommuting w/ her old job) and moving her car so it doesn't get towed. Beyond the frustrations of living in the midst of 12 million other people, what must it be like to live in a city that doesn't sleep? Something to do every moment of the day and night. I can't even imagine. I'm worn out and I live in Columbus...a city that does sleep...at least 7 hours a night =) There is something in me that wanted to hop in Lara's gas-efficient Civic and move to New York with her. Oh, to start new and just see what lies ahead. But, if I'm honest with myself, I know that the greener side of that proverbial grass isn't greener...at least not for me. I'm proud of Lara for packing up her life and heading to the Big Apple. She needed it. A fresh start, even for a little while. My fresh start was 4 years and 4 months ago...and guess what folks? I wouldn't trade them for the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
thanks, kristy =) i miss you guys
Post a Comment